- 2018 drone consumer research
- In 2016 the CAA undertook industry-first research into drone user behaviour and attitudes towards responsible drone use and the future of drones generally: view/download the report .
- You can find a list of approved commercial drone operators at: www.caa.co.uk/cap1361
- You can find details about the requirements to fly a drone commercially from the CAA at www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Aircraft/Unmanned-aircraft/Unmanned-Aircraft/
- The European Aviation Safety Agency have a drone safety video here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xs_eVx4nuw
- NATS has produced a useful feature with top tips to help you fly your drone safely. Read it at www.nats.aero/droneflyingtips
- Drone retailers can now apply to be Dronesafe approved if they meet set criteria to promote safe drone use – find out more…
- GA Pilots Support
Safety advice for drone pilots
The Civil Aviation Authority has partnered with the Yorkshire Air Ambulance to make drone users aware of the risks they can pose to other airspace users, including emergency service aircraft such as medical helicopters, after a Yorkshire Air Ambulance helicopter was involved in a near miss with a drone being flown well above the 400ft (120m) legal limit near Leeds on 11 September.