Share the Air
Compton Abbas drone user briefing
South coast and South West drone users invited to ‘Share the air’ event at Compton Abbas airfield – Saturday 11 November
South Coast and South West drone users are being invited to a major free drone safety event at Compton Abbas airfield on Saturday 11th November. The first major event in the Civil Aviation Authority’s (CAA) new ‘Share the Air’ campaign, the open day will give drone users and General Aviation (GA) enthusiasts an opportunity to learn from each other while promoting safe flying for all.
Attendees will be given the chance to see for themselves the range of flying opportunities that exist in their local areas, as well as receive top tips on how they can use their drones responsibly, enabling them to expand their love of flying.
Alongside the staff of Compton Abbas airfield, the event will play host to several experts from across the sector:
- The Phantom Flight School will be on hand to give flying and photography advice
- Yuneec, global drone manufacturer, will be showcasing its latest models with a flying display
- UAVision, a local drone distributor, will be providing expert advice and hand-on demonstrations of drone maintenance
- V-Mach Media, a virtual reality specialist, will be providing two simulator units, allowing attendees to test out both racing and photography drones.
- Air traffic control body NATS will be on site to talk about their drone flying app and future work.
All presenters and exhibitors subject to final confirmation.
The CAA will also be available to provide the latest information on the UK and European regulations covering drones.
The event starts at 10:30 am. Free refreshments will be available.
The event is free, but pre-registration is required. Places are limited and will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis. To register for the event please use the form below (maximum two places per application). We will contact you directly to confirm your place.
Unfortunately all places have now been allocated – we will contact people shortly to let them know whether they have a place or not and if so details of the event.
We’re sorry if you didn’t get a place but look out for other events at airfields throughout the country.